Tuesday, October 25, 2016

On to Paris!

Bonjour!

I hope everyone had a stellar week. My week was pretty A1. Tuesday we had my final district meeting with my small but incredible district. It was a good end to a fun 3 transfers. We found a man later in the day who stopped us as we were crossing the street. He wondered what school we go to so we told him that we were missionaries. He was interested and gave us his card. He actually works with the mayor of Charleville as a cabinet member. He said he "wants to see us in his office for lunch one day". Elder Silva and I work with only the most famous people in Charleville. Haha. 

Wednesday and Thursday flew by, and on Friday we were in Reims for a small finding day with the sisters and a baptismal interview. It was a really fun day finished by a district meal at a boulangerie. Sister Tuahine said that it is Tahitian tradition to make/buy a big meal for the departing leader so she treated us really nice. Saturday we got transfer news and then headed down to Meaux's sector for a big zone finding day. It wasn't nearly as well planned as our finding day in Charleville but it was still fun. I was with Elder Mansfield for the day. We were assigned to work in a tiny village called Coulommiers. I always complain about Charleville but there was no one on the streets haha. Although, we did end up finding this really nice lady who had given her numbers to missionaries in the past but they never called her. She was really interested and listened to us teach her all three of the first lessons on a park bench. We have her number to the Meaux elders so hopefully they contact her in the near future. Meaux is also where DisneyLand Paris is located. We got to see the village for a brief moment before we left for Coulommiers and it brought back good Disney childhood memories.

On Monday I had a goodbye dinner with the Biver family. I consider them to be the "rock" family of our small branch. They are there for everything and are always trying to help the missionaries.

So now for transfer news. I got transferred to be the Paris Zone Leader. It is going to be so much fun! My new companions are Elder Harris and Elder Pande. It will be a trio for the first four weeks or so and then Elder Harris will depart for home. We live right in the heart of Paris with the Chinese Elders. There are so many things to look forward to. I couldn't be happier to be in a big city. Brussels treated me really nice and I'm sure Paris will be the same. 

Have a wonderful week. God Bless 


District (numbers are how many transfers we have been out for)

Charleville by night

Final District Meal

River Family minus the mother and brother

No comments:

Post a Comment