Tuesday, November 1, 2016

"Paris Life" is Incredible!


Bonjour!

Paris life is incredible. I have never been busier on my mission. The week started off on Tuesday in Charleville. It was a great day. I got to say goodbye to a lot of members and the "regulars" we see on the street. Haha. Wednesday rolled around and I arrived in Paris with a lot of work to do right off the bat. What I have learned over the past few days is Paris ZLs do all the dirty work for the APs. So on Wednesday, we were in charge of getting all the missionaries to and from different train stations around Paris, with their luggage, to find their new companions. It was a lot of fun but extremely tiring.

Thursday we were in charge of buying lunch and setting up for mission council the next day. Friday we went to mission council all day. Saturday we had a meeting with all the district leaders in our Zone. Sunday was church. We also had 3, 3 hour visitor center shifts, and multiple appointments spread out around the weekend. It was super crazy but I couldn't be happier.

My companions are so much fun. We are having a lot of fun together. The mission has a joke that Elder Harris is the cat in the hat and Pande and I are Thing 1 and 2 respectively. 

A little about our investigators (the ones I met): So we have 5 baptismal dates spread between 2 families, and a lot of other solid investigators. Martin and Rosa is an older couple from Equatorial Guinea. They are currently living in an embassy right next to the Arc de Triumph because he is getting some medical work done here. I got to teach them Friday night and they are super solid. The other family comes from Sri Lanka. They are super legit. I was able to meet them at church but we haven't visited them yet. All of the baptisms are in 4 weeks. 

The best thing about Paris is the shower we have in the apartment. It's so nice. It has jets that shoot out from the wall, a magic wand, and the shower head is the kind that is like rain fall. Idk how well of a description that is but in any case it's real nice. 

We were on the metro the other night and some ladies told us that our costumes were really good. They thought we were dressing up as Mormon missionaries for Halloween. Haha. It was really funny. 

Just a quick announcement, because I am in Paris P-Days have become a lot more interesting. This means I will not have as much time to do emails so I apologize if my email quality goes down over the next few months. I will still respond, they might just be a lot shorter. Thanks for the understanding. 

Love y'all. Have a great week. God Bless

Elder Hein

Mission Council

Lunch at Mission Council

No comments:

Post a Comment