Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Train or be Trained

Charleville
Bonjour!

Another stellar week here in the Charleville-Mezieres. I only got one more week here in this small but kind of beautiful city, so I am going to try and make it count.

Elder Silva and I spent a lot of time this past week re-contacting people who had been contacted during our big zone activity last week. Most everyone we tried to meet with again were not indicatively interested in our message, but there was one lady who Elder Silva and I think will go far in the gospel. Her name is Laticia. She has a young family and a husband, and she would really like to become more religious in her life. We taught the first lesson, gave her a Book of Mormon, and set up a return meeting. It is really exciting for me because I have never been able to teach a full family on my mission, and that is something I have always wanted to do. 

Emmanuel was in Reims all week so we did not get to see him at all. We got to see Landry again but it was not as great as the first time. He seems to have trouble with the concept of authority. To me, it just makes sense that God's church should have His authority, but it is a classic discussion that comes up at least once with all of our investigators. 

"Silva take the wheel!!!! *in my best Carrie Underwood voice* Was the phrase of this past week and the week to come. I decided that since I will most likely be leaving I should start letting him make all the decisions. Basically, I become the trainee for two weeks while he becomes the trainer. He has been doing a very good job. I didn't expect much less from him. He comes from a great mission father. Haha. 

I get amazed every week at the different scenarios the mission puts me in. This week was highlighted by a strange first lesson with two gay men, who were drunk, and rolling joints. Never in a million years did I think I would ever be put in a situation like that, and I am glad I have a sense of direction from God in my life to prevent me from reaching a point like that in my life. Elder Silva and I had a good laugh about it afterwards but it made me realize that I am so lucky to be blessed with a wonderful family, wonderful friends, and a wonderful God. 

Have a fantastic week. God Bless and Go Cowboys!!!!!!


Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment