Tuesday, April 5, 2016

First Week in Tours, France

Bonjour! 

This week was definitely a lot better than last week. On Wednesday I got transferred to Tours, France with Elder Johnson. 

Tours is an absolutely beautiful city! It is super futuristic. It's as if Tours had hired Steve Jobs to design the city. Everyday I am amazed by some new sculpture or fountain or building. 

My companion is a great guy. He is from Portage, Utah. Portage is a town of only 200 people. Ha. So it has been fun talking about how different our lives have been.

I haven't been able to meet a lot of the members here in Tours because of General Conference weekend but the ones I have met are super cool.  I was able to meet a lot of the investigators Elder Johnson has been working with. One of them is Max. He is this super cool Korean man who speaks perfect French and English. The best part is he loves the Cowboys and the Utah Jazz! We have already had some wonderful conversations about the great Tony Romo. Haha. On spiritual level Max is really close to be getting baptized. Hopefully we can give him that final push that will allow him to make the leap of faith.


I haven't been able to watch all of general conference so I will give my review next week.


I am missing the Belgian waffles and fries but I think the French pastries are doing a good job at filling the holes in my heart. There is this one pastry shop here that sells massive pastries. It's really funny. They are famous for their pastry "religious". I'll attach a picture but it was huge! So much sugar. Haha. 

On P-day we went to the cathedral in Tours. It was absolutely amazing.

Have a good week. God bless

Elder Hein

The "Religious" Pastry

Cathedral in Tours

Old Car at a Sidewalk Car Show

No comments:

Post a Comment