Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Tree

Bonjour! 
My comp and I

This past week went well. It started on Tuesday with a service project we are doing for our branch mission leader. He has a huge tree in his backyard that he wants us to uproot. Unfortunately he only has one pick axe and a rusty shovel. About 1.5 hours in the pick
axe broke, prohibiting us from making any real improvement. So the tree is still there but I think we made some progress. 

Wednesday we went out to this small town on the border of our sector to go visit an old member couple, the Devincks. The town is quaint and the Devincks are really friendly, so naturally we had an incredible time. The wife
fed us a 5 course meal! I felt so French. Haha. There has been an ongoing joke with them that the missionaries should just have a sleepover at their house. Haha. They are just really funny, relaxed French people. 



The rest of the week contacting and lessons. Bouchaibe
is doing really well. He came to church for the first time in months!
He is currently praying to see if baptism will be a good thing for
him. Maxime is also doing great. We have been trying to stress the
importance of the simpleness of the gospel. I find that to be an
important lesson for a lot of us. If we just remember the base (faith,
repentance, reading the scriptures) we will become more converted and
the other worries will fall into place. Xuantao is continuing to
progress towards his baptism. We were able to see him twice last week
and both of the lessons went really well. He has a real desire to
learn more about the church and that's something that is key to
progression.

As you can read the work here in Tours is going absolutely fantastic.
We definitely still have rejections and weird moments (a drunk man
kissed us on Sunday) but the Lord has blessed my companion and I
immensely. I love my mission and I love y'all. Have a wonder week. God
Bless and Go Stars

Elder Hein

The Dessert at the Devincks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment