Monday, March 28, 2016

Hospital visit, I've been transferred.

Bonjour! 

Elder Empey, myself, missionaries and the young adults from Brussels.

My companions and I with Elder Empey's parents.

Me with the Norby's before the bombings occurred.  They are wonderful people.


Well to start off I am safe. It was an absolutely crazy week
full of emotions. On Tuesday morning at 8:15, while on a bus, I got a
call from Elder Wells. He was in absolute panic. He said "Elder Hein,
Elder Hein!! There has been a bomb at the airport! I am severely
injured! I need you to call President Babin right now and tell him
everything that happened. We don't know where elder Norby is. There
has been a bomb!" Elder Empey then got on the phone and said calmly
"Elder Hein, don't worry about it. I can call president. Just make
sure all the Belgian missionaries are inside." I was just in absolute
shock. My hands were shaking uncontrollably, it was a moment in time I
will never forget. I was just so flustered. The following hours were
nothing but talking on the phone. We were talking to missionaries, the
APs, the Mission President, the Dutch Mission President, and so many
other random people. It was so stressful. The hardest part about it
all was that these Elders were all my friends. Elder Empey has been my
zone leader for 3 transfers, I saw Sister Clain everyday because she
served in Liege, I have been on exchanges with Elder Wells, and if you
have read my blog you know how much Elder Norby means to me. He was
such a good friend when I served in Brussels. We were able to get news
that Elder Norby was safe so that definitely calmed me down. The whole
day was just a blur. We talked to so many people and heard about so
many miracles. It was just crazy.


For the rest of the week we were told to stay inside. So I grew out a
nice beard and played monopoly and other various card games. It was
really relaxing and good therapy for the trauma that we went through
on Tuesday.


Today we went and visited Elder Empey and Elder Norby in the hospital.
Elder Empey is in great condition! He was talking and joking around.
It was a good experience. We then went and saw Elder Norby. We weren't
allowed in the room but we could look from the window. It was really
tough seeing him in that condition, but encouraging to hear that he
had spoke a little bit in the morning.


Oh and I am getting transferred on Tuesday to a city called Tours,
France. I am sad to be leaving the beautiful country of Belgium. I
will definitely miss all the fries and waffles. Haha.

In addition, I learned that one of my friends from high school died
this past weekend. He was a really good friend. So if you could keep
his family and friends in your prayers that would be greatly
appreciated.


It has definitely been a rough week for me filled with tears and other
crazy emotions. I can't deny that. But I also can't deny that God is
always with us. When we need His help, His support, or anything else
He will be here for us. I love Him and He loves us. Have a good week.
God bless

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment