Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Waffles with Dad

Advertisement using Donald Trump - it says, "If this happens, it is the premiere (news company) who will tell you."
Bonjour!

This week started off with finding day. It went a lot better than I thought it would. We were able to teach a few street lessons but unfortunately didn't find anyone super solid.
Elder Kendrick next to a big shoe.

Wednesday might have been the best day of my mission. We taught Aimé in the morning, Abraham after lunch, and then I got to see my dad for an hour! It was so much fun, we got waffles and then walked around the city. My dad even contacted some lady who was speaking English in the waffle line. Haha! It was great to see just a little peek into the contacting skills of the first Elder Hein. After my dad left, we went to Brussels for an exchange with Zone Leaders. I was greeted at the church by a little party all the young adult members threw for me. It was good to see all their faces again. We finished the night of by teaching an investigator. It was a really fun, full day.

The rest of the week didn't even compare to that day but the good news is we have begun to see Aime more and more. He is having a difficult time reading and praying because he is busy finding a job. It's hard to gain a testimony of the church if you aren't reading the scriptures or praying, so that's the roadblock we are facing with him at the moment.  


Finally here is a good scripture I have been thinking about lately. It is found in John 16:33 and it is Jesus talking to his disciples "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." I love this scripture because Jesus is promising us that he is always there to bring peace to our souls in the hardest of times.

Love y'all. God Bless

Elder Hein




No comments:

Post a Comment