Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Found my companion!

Elder Pande and I at Versailles



Bonjour! 

I hope everyone is doing well like always. I heard the Cowboys will be playing the packers this weekend so I imagine that everyone is on edge. Heck, I am nervous for the game and I am across the Atlantic. Haha. 

The missionary work has been going well here. We did a lot of moving around last week. We went to a city called Cherbourg on Thursday. Cherbourg is a coastal city 3 hours away from Paris by train. It is pretty small but it was super fun to see the ocean for the first time in a while. We spent a terrific day with 6 other missionaries finding for the elders that work there. We were able to see a lot of success. We also went to Rouen to give a baptismal interview on Saturday, and then to Versailles to do the same thing later in the day. 

As far as the work in our sector, its going well. Bridgette and her kids (Maurice's family) are really close to all accepting baptismal dates. We had an appointment with them over the weekend and they also came to church. They are really fun to be around. I have never met someone from the Congo who wasn't fun to be around. Haha. Nothing really notable from any of our other investigators. One guy read all the way to Alma between our first and second appointments but he wasn't super interested, so we will see if we can spark a flame in him. 

Elder Pande and I got separated for a little bit in the busiest metro stop in Paris. It was pretty funny and frightening at the same time. I was in front of him and I had passed through the entrance gates and walked to the train we were taking. I turn around after walking for a good minute and he isnt there. Haha. So I ran up the escalator looking for him in a huge crowd of people. It took a good 10 minutes before we found each other again. He said that he passed through the entrance and all of a sudden I disappeared into a crowd of people. Haha. The funniest part is that he ended up running into members from Utah when he wasn't with his companion. Im sure they were really confused. Haha.
 
Well thats all I have for this week. I am happy and I feel great (and I found my companion). Have a good week. God bless and Go Cowboys

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment