Tuesday, January 24, 2017

First week in Amiens

ZLs and DLs of the Zone at a meeting
Bonjour! Well I am officially out of Paris and in a city called Amiens.

I was a little worried to be leaving Paris because of the great times that I had with Pande but things have been really solid in Amiens.

To start off, the branch is absolutely incredible. It is for sure the strongest unity I have seen in France/Belgium. There are a lot of really solid families that love to do missionary work. The back story is that about 2 years ago the branch was really struggling, so in response, President took the ZLs out of Lille and put them in Amiens. Since then the work just took off. 15 baptisms in the past 2 years and we not done yet. We are only 2 Melchizedek Priesthood holders short of becoming a Ward. This past Sunday was the first Sunday I really felt at home since I have arrive in Europe. It was such a terrific feeling.
Oh yeah I went to Five Guys this past week. It was super goooood.

The other upside is that the work is still progressing really well. We have 2 baptismal dates and 6 progressing investigators. Yesterday we had all 6 of them at church! Garoux and Irene are our two dates. They are a couple from the Congo with a 18 month old son. Irene will be giving birth in early February to another child. Garoux will get baptized on the 4th of February and Irene will wait till the end of March when everything is settled after giving birth. I have already been able to see them three times and they are incredibly solid.

With all that being said there are definitely still some downsides. Firstly, I miss the business of Paris. Contacting in small Amiens reminds me of Charleville. We got about one road and that’s all we do. Haha. Secondly, it was really tough to say goodbye to Pande. He was such an amazing companion and friend. Good news is my new companion is
super cool as well. His name is Elder Mansfield. He is from Idaho.

Lastly, the zone is not doing as well as it could be. I am ready to make the change. Our slogan for this transfer is "Make the Lille Zone Great Again". Haha

All in all the change wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am happy where I am and love the challenges that lie ahead. I love the work, and I love God. I hope that is the case for all of us.


Thanks for the love and support. Have a good week. God Bless

Elder Hein

P.S. SLC has dropped some new rules in regards to the missionary
schedule. I will update yall next week when it becomes official but
lets just say I will have a lot more time on P Day.


Zone Slogan and Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment