Monday, June 27, 2016

First week in Charleville!

Bonjour! 

This week went really well. It started out tough because I
had to say goodbye to all the friends in Tours but change is good. 

arrived in Charleville on Wednesday night and ever since I have been
seeing some crazy miracles. My new companion is named Elder Asato. He
is from Kearns, Utah. He is the first companion I have had that is
younger than me so forcibly I have been doing the majority of talking
in lessons and contacting. I can already tell my French is becoming
perfected. God has just been helping me so much. Whenever I open my
mouth to speak the French just flows right out. It might just be all
those years of taking French in school or it could be some divine
help. By the end of this six weeks I'll be speaking better than most
locals. Haha. 

On Friday some guy stopped us on the street and ask us
if we were Mormons. After responding affirmatively, he was like "I
have been reading about the restoration, that's what you call it right?
And I want to know more". So we sat right down and taught him about
Joseph Smith. It was great. The best part about it is he even showed
up to church! 

Saturday we were in Paris so that I could have a meeting
with the Zone Leaders about the mission vision. It went well. 

Sunday, we set a baptismal date with a man named Rene for July 24. He is the
husband of a very strong member and about a year ago he started taking
lessons. We also got to teach a man named Stephane and when we showed
up to the appointment he brought two friends. They were both
interested so we handed out some Book of Mormons and set up some
return appointments. It would be safe to say that my first few days in
Charleville have been nothing short of incredible.

As far as the town goes, it is absolutely tiny. Smallest city I have
been in for sure. About a year ago they had only 6 members going to
church. Well, after receiving elders for the first time in years, the
city just exploded with missionary work. After only one year, there
are now 27 people coming to church. I just hope I can keep the trend
going. The wonderful part is all the members love the missionaries and
give us people to teach. There are a few Nigerian refugees that got
baptized and they invite all there friends to church. It's so great.
They are going to teach me how to speak pigeon.


Every time I change cities I just regain the desire to go hard when it
comes to missionary work. I love what I am doing and am so excited to
what the next few weeks will bring. I love y'all. God bless.

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment