Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Charleville!!

Bonjour! 

Well I am just going to drop the big news first....I am getting transferred to CHARLEVILLE! It's a small city up north on the Belgian border. My new companion is Elder Asato. He is only 3 months into his mission so it would be safe to say that my French abilities will severely increase within the next transfer. In addition, I am becoming a district leader. It will be a fun next few transfers.

The Missionaries and Frere (Brother) Mayima, Branch President.
The sad thing about transfers is there will be no elders to replace us in Tours. Apparently not enough elders have been coming into the mission so that had to cut our companionship. All of our awesome investigators will be going to the sister missionaries here. When we told all the members the news they were all really sad. Thirty years ago there use to be 8 elders in this branch and now here will be none. t's sad but God has a reason for everything.

Other than that the week went well. Elder Johnson and I have been seeing a lot of success. It's great to see all our hard work payoff. On Thursday we were in Le Mans for a finding day with the whole district. I got to spend sometime with my old companion Elder Kendrick. It was fun to reminisce on old times back in Liege.

Elder Branchflower's lung collapsed again so he was in the hospital for along time. We went and visited him. He is doing fine.  They needed to do more extensive surgery and it went well. He left the hospital today.


We fixed a baptismal date with Xuantao and finished teaching him all the lessons. The date is July 2nd. He is committed to go through with it this time. It's incredible to see what happens to someone as soon as they have that spiritual click.

Herve is doing so great. We committed him to baptism and he said he will when he gets his answer from God and quits smoking. He has already made so much progress. His mother bought us some really nice ties to thank us for all we did.

We had one last night with Maxime at KFC on Friday. He is always making progress. Slowly but surely. One day he will get baptized, I know it.

On Monday we were able to have one final family home evening with all of our friends here. It was really fun. We played basketball (I dominated the court like always) and had a big flan cake. It has been sad saying goodbye to all the friends and investigators we have here. I really enjoyed my time, and I have made friends for a lifetime. The gospel brings people together. It's so wonderful.


Have a wonderful week. God Bless.
Because of the news I have a lot of pictures this week:

Elder Hein
Tours Team (who is the hottie on the left - haha)


Our Tours Branch Mission Leader, Frere Kehli


Family Home Evening - from left to right (Herve, Xuantao, me, Maxime, Felix, Elder Johnson)


Elder Kendrick and I taking a selfie with a famous boxer (apparently)


Elder Kendrick and I contacting the famous boxer

No comments:

Post a Comment