Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Government, Lawyers and Me

Hello everybody!
Grand Place Christmas Tree


This week was exciting! We focused a ton on less active work and saw a lot of blessings as well. 

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders here in Brussels. I got to go with Elder Empey. He is a super chill guy who knew a couple of my friends that I met at BYU!   On a sad note, we have heard nothing from Simon. He did not pick up his phone this week and was not at his house on Wednesday. We will keep trying this upcoming week. 

On Thursday we met up with Gaspare and he told us that he believes everything to be true.  He believes in the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the Restoration. When we asked why he will not get baptized he gave really lame excuses. So we will be working with him later this week to understand baptism and its importance. He is currently our most promising investigator. 

On Friday I had a very unique experience I will probably never have again. The missionaries in Belgium have been having a very difficult time gaining legality. To make it worse, these terrorist attacks have made the government slow the process down even more. So on Friday I was chosen, with Elder Palfreyman and the Norby couple, to represent the church legally to a Belgian government official. We got with the lawyer for our Church that represents this part of europe and had a meeting to discuss what was going to happen in the official meeting. I felt like such an adult haha. The lawyer was preparing us with things to say and do. It was very intense. haha. When we finally got to the real meeting everything went really smooth. It looks like we will be able to stay in Belgium for a long time. 

Saturday and Sunday were not as nearly exciting. All we did was alot of pass backs to non member homes. Our main focus is to invite them to the Ward Christmas party next week.  

On an unrealted note: Sorry if my personal emails have been short for the past couple of weeks. Elder Wheeler accidentally took my ipad to Cherbourg on transfer day thinking it was his. I will be getting it back by the end of the week. 

I believe I agree
I hope y'all have a good week. God Bless!


Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment