Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Love the Colmar Members!

Gerardmer
Bonjour! 

Tuesday we went to St Die for exchanges with the District Leader. St Die is a beautiful a town but it is just tiny and terrible for missionary work. I believe that you can find people anywhere, it's just harder in certain places and St Die is one of those places. Haha. We spent a lot of the day finding but we went up to this city called Gerardmer in the evening and wow that is an incredible city. It's got this giant lake in the town that has mountains (large hills) falling into it. I'll attach some pictures. 

Wednesday was my birthday. I'm no longer a teenager. Thursday we had Zone Conference with the new mission president. He came down hard with a lot of new rules and stuff to straighten us out. He is a super personable man though so it was taken well by he majority of the missionaries. I had my last interview as well. I told him things he needs to do and then he told me what I need to do when I go home. It was an interesting moment because afterwards I just kind of felt like it was over. Just one of those moments when it hits you that you are going home soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm still chugging along but it's becoming more and more real everyday. 

Friday was the national holiday for France so we had giant BBQ with the branch at the church! We had a lot of success, we even got a new investigator from it. 

Saturday was spent in a city called Munster doing door to door stuff. It's a smaller city in our sector but here are still quite a few people that live there so we decided to check it out for a day. No success but we had a ton of fun. 

Sunday was a good Sunday. One of the children in the branch got baptized so a lot of the day was spent at that event, and the rest was spent planning. 

We got fed 3 times this past week by members! Our connections with them are just growing deeper and deeper. I've never felt this involved with a unity since Brussels. It's just great when it is such a team effort and everyone is involved even if you aren't seeing success. 

Have a great week. God Bless

Elder Hein



Munster

Random things you find going door to door.

No comments:

Post a Comment