Friday, April 7, 2017

A little B-Ball, Finding and Conference

Bonjour! 

I'm going to start with one of the fun parts of the week. On Wednesday we got invited by one of the young adults to come play basketball with his non member friends. We cleared up some room in our schedule and headed down to the local street courts. It was fun!!  One of them had the ugliest bank shot I have ever seen from the 3 point line but he never missed. I played really well myself.  I don't know if that is just how it is when you play basketball as a missionary, or if the rims in France are bigger, but I was on fire. They couldn't handle me - Ha Ha.  

The rest of the week was great. We got to have dinner at two members homes and found ourselves in Valenciennes and Calais for finding Days. On Friday we had 11 missionaries in Amiens to contact for 4 hours. We got 13 new investigators and 28 other potentials. It was a lot fun. There is just an indescribable feeling you get contacting in the same town square with 10 other missionaries. It's really fun. 

Sunday we watched 3 sessions of general conference at the church. All 4 of us missionaries brought our comforters and lots of snacks to the church for a long day full of inspiring talks. I really enjoyed Elder Choi's talk (and the sour cream and onion pringles). It was a great day. 

That's all I got for this week. Have a good week. God Bless

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment