Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Ammon Approach

Bonjour!

Our phone died this week for no good reason so missionary work became a little bit harder but nevertheless the week was quite successful.

We took the Ammon approach to things and were able to find a lot of opportunities to do service for different members. We helped our branch mission leader get a huge tree stump out of the ground. That was quite the achievement. I thought detaching it from the roots was difficult... oh how I was wrong. Haha. The hardest part was actually just lifting it out of the massive hole we had made. Good thing I work out in the mornings because that was the easily the heaviest thing I have ever squatted. Ha. We also helped someone else clean their apartment by taking some of the bigger things to the dump. That was a little bit of an easier task but it was fulfilling nonetheless.

Our investigators are doing great as usual. We were able to see Bouchaïb and Herve a lot this past week and they are both progressing really nicely. The best appointment of the week, though, happened with Peti. He invited us to his home where he lives with his wife and 3 adorable kids. It was a super amazing appointment and a marvelous humbling experience for me. Peti is the happiest man I have met on my mission, but yet, because of their refugee status, he has to live in not the greatest of conditions. It was just a great lesson to me that no matter what are surroundings are happiness is a choice and we can find
it through Jesus Christ.

Have a great week. Love y'all. God bless


Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment