Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year - I'm moving to Liege, Belgium!!

Hello all,

Well I am getting transferred to Liege with my new companion Elder Kendrick! I thought for sure I would stay in Brussels for at least another transfer but the mission decided to throw me a curve ball. 

The Zone Leaders are going to be moving into Brussels from Liege, therefore my companionship is just being switched into Liege.  Honestly, I am sad I got to only stay for two transfers. Brussels was such a cool city. 

Liege is a city an hour east of Brussels. It is the 3rd largest city in Belgium and there are 4 companionships working there.

We were super busy this past week. Everyone wants to say goodbye to Elder Madsen before he goes home so we have had so many appointments lined up. In fact, we had 8 dinner appointments in a row. 

On Thursday we went to a New Years Eve party that the young adults were throwing
in a hotel. (We got to be there until around 10:30) We had a lot of fun. The city cancelled the firework show
because of an imminent terrorist threat but that didn't stop the locals from having fun. While we were popping our bottle of cider at midnight we watched people in the park light off fireworks. It was really fun.


Elder Aburto and I
New Year's Day was spent at the Norby's house all day. We watched "Emperor's New Groove" (I had never seen it before) and had a nice lunch. 

On Saturday we went to the baptism of Paulino. The other elders have been teaching him for a while. It went super well. 

On Sunday this little Ghanian kid showed up to the English ward with his family and his name is Barack Obama. No joke. He has a Ghanian last name which I have forgotten but his parents call him Obama. Hahaha.
That evening I cut my hair. It was quite the experience. It took two hours but I think the end result was decent. I decided if I teach myself how to do it now I will save time and money for years to come.


Next week I will be emailing from Liege. It going to be tough to say
good bye to Elder Madsen. He has been such a wonderful companion and
friend. 
The District


Walking through the forest with the missionaries.
Candid Picture of Elder Norby and I
God Bless

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment