Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Short and Sweet

Hello everyone!

I don't have a lot of time this week, so I will just touch on some of the highlights. 


This week my companion and I focused on working with the ward. We visited a lot of less active members and visited many of the other members. My companion baked a lot of cookies and we brought them to the inactives. It was a great way to get in the door and try
to figure out some of the problems they were having. 


We met with Janet again on Friday and taught her about the Book of Mormon. She seemed to take it well but we are starting to wonder if she is understanding us. So we found a member in our Ward who is from Rwanda like Janet, and she is going to come teach with us sometimes. 

We picked up another investigator this week but it seems like she just wants to bible bash, so we will see how that turns out. 

On p-day we went to Ikea, had some Swedish meatballs, and walked the store. Even though it's a European store, it somehow reminded me of home. Haha. 

We went on exchanges in Braine l'allelud on Tuesday and that was quite the experience. It is so much different than Brussels. No one is walking on the streets, so it is really hard to do contacting. We waited an hour and 15 minutes in line for some fries on Friday while we did our weekly planning.  They were absolutely amazing. I don't know if it is because we waited
so long or if they are actually that good, but I was genuinely surprised as to how good they were. According to locals, the place we went has the best fries in all of Brussels. 


Some weird European advertising going on here!
Anyways I have to get going. We are about to go to Paul's house for some more calculus
problems, haha. Have a great week. 


Love y'all.

Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment